This simple school days cut out card says it all. Welcome students and teachers back to school with flair. Do it in your students school colors like I did for something special. Red and grey are my high school colors back when we used stone tablets and chisels like my daughter thinks.
Paper Selection for the School Days Cut Out Card
The paper for this card can be any weight. I chose to do this card in red and grey, my high school colors. Go Vikings! The grey part does not need to be two sided but the red does. This is backwards from the usual. However if you find a nice pattern you want to use that is not two sided, the backing on the books will be white and white is still a color too. So, go for it!
Cutting the School Days Cut Out Card
Cut the card base and the Cricut will do the writing and drawing. I used a silver gel pen. Did you know that you can use any pen in your Cricut? You can see the trick here.
I used a font called Crown but I can’t remember where I got it so if you change the writing it will revert to Arial I know it doesn’t fill in but as you can see , it draws beautifully when welded. And I already did that for you in this card.
Assembling the School Days Cut Out Card
Back To School In A Pandemic
Children under 12 cannot get vaccinated so they need to be protected. Here are some helpful things that will help.
- Wear masks whether your school requires them or not. Masks are the easiest way to curb the spread of COVID.
- Encourage teachers, aids, all staff and older children to get vaccinated.
- Everyone should stay at least 3 feet apart at all times.
- Check your child’s temperature every morning. If it is high have them tested before returning to school.
- If the student tests positive, let the school know as soon as possible so that they can take measures to protect and contact trace anyone in your child’s class.