Give this card remind someone how great summer is or just let them know that you are thinking of them! I almost forgot myself how great summer is. Everyone will love it! It fits in an A7 envelope for mailing.
I made this Summer Panorama card base card from plain paper and patterned paper on the inside but you could use patterned paper on a different part if you want. This card is so impressive it doesn’t need fancy paper though. You do see both sides of the base card so keep that in mind when selecting papers. The base card paper needs to be fairly heavy (110 lb. wt. at least) but the other papers can be any weight.
Cutting the Summer Panorama Card
Assembling the Summer Panorama Card
First you want to re-crease all the folds. Then assemble the front overlays of the card. See the pictures to see placement of the embellishments. Finally attach the front overlay to the front of the card with liquid glue.
Then open the card and start by attaching the print/cut image in the center over the fold line. Next line up the center fold line of the “flowered” (light purple in the DS file) Glue ONLY the sections on each end to the base card. Fold the score lines so that the center section “pop out” with the hole over the print/cut image. Then attach the purple and blue overlays and the tree images to each side. Open and close the card a few times to make sure it works properly.
And your Summer Panorama Card is done! Remember it fits in an A7 envelope for mailing.
Great Things About Summer
- The first day of summer is between June 20th and June 22nd every year.
- The first day of summer is called the Summer Solstice, and the day varies due to the Earth’s rotation not exactly reflecting our calendar year.
- In France, the Eiffel Tower actually grows in the heat of the summer. Due to the iron expanding, the tower grows about 6 inches every summer.
- July is national ice cream month.
- The “dog days of summer” refer to the dates from July 3rd to August 11th. They are named so after the Sirius the Dog Star.
- Most amusement parks have a full time season from Memorial Day to Labor Day.